ESSER I-III Grant Information
Welcome to the West ISD ESSER I-III Grant Information Website!
The American Rescue Plan Act, passed on March 11, 2021, provided $122.7 billion in supplemental ESSER funding, known as the ESSER III fund. West ISD along with all schools across the United States are being given an opportunity to apply for grant funding to offset COVID-19 expenses and help students make up for any learning losses during the past year and a half. West ISD is eligible to receive initial and remaining awards of $1,666,510 in funding from this grant. There are fifteen (15) eligible expenses to spend this grant on, and the District wants to gather your opinions about how best to utilize these funds to help our students make progress and gain back any learning losses from the pandemic.
All West ISD ESSER Planning and Advisory Meeting information is listed here:
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: District Advisory Team (DAT) Meeting, 6:30 PM via Zoom (ESSER Presentation)
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) Meeting, 7:30 PM via Zoom (ESSER Presentation)
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021: Regular West ISD Board Meeting, 6:30 PM via Zoom (ESSER Presentation)
- Thursday, May 27, 2021: ESSER Information Meeting, 6:30 PM via Zoom
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021: ESSER Plan Advisory Team Meeting, 3:00 PM via Zoom
- Monday, June 7, 2021: ESSER Plan Advisory Team Meeting, 10:00 AM via Zoom
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021: ESSER Plan Presentation and Public Hearing, West ISD Regular Board Meeting, 6:30 PM at the West ISD Administration Building
Here is the link to the student, staff, parent/guardian, and community ESSER online feedback survey:
All West ISD ESSER information presentations, handouts, and links are listed here:
- West ISD ESSER III Grant Information Video
- West ISD ESSER I-III Grant Information Presentation - May 20, 2021
- West ISD ESSER I-III Advisory Team Planning Meeting #1 Zoom Video
- West ISD ESSER I-III Grant Draft Budget Plan - June 2, 2021
- West ISD ESSER I-III Advisory Team Planning Meeting #2 Zoom Video
- West ISD ESSER I-III Grant Draft Budget Plan - June 7, 2021
- West ISD ESSER I-III Survey Monkey Data and Feedback - June 7, 2021
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) ESSER I-III Information
- Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) ESSER III FAQ
- Texas Association of School Administrators (TASA) ESSER Talking Points
For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.