West ISD COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Plan Information
All West ISD Health Alert information, news, and reminders relating to COVID-19 and the District's "Return to Learn" Plan are posted on this website. The District will also publish all updates to the West ISD Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
During the West ISD Regular Board Meeting on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, and the Special Called Meeting on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, the West ISD Board of Trustees approved the following "Return to Learn" COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Plan for Prekindergarten through Grade 12 for the start of school on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. The plan was updated again during the Wednesday, September 8, 2021, Regular Board Meeting, and again during the Monday, January 22, 2022 Regular Board Meeting. This plan is consistent with the following recently released Health Guidance documents:
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-38 from July 29, 2021
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) Commissioner Morath’s Public Health Guidance from August 5, 2021, August 19, 2021, September 2, 2021, and January 7, 2022. The latest TEA guidance may be found here: TEA Public Health Guidance, January 7, 2022
- University Interscholastic League’s (UIL) Risk Mitigation Guidelines from August 9, 2021, and August 25, 2021
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Quarantine and Isolation Recommendations from Thursday, January 20, 2022.
West ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
This data table is updated and published to alert all West ISD students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members of the most up-to-date numbers and percentages of active, positive, lab-confirmed COVID-19 student cases on each campus. The color codes coincide with the West ISD COVID-19 Matrix information.
West ISD COVID-19 Notifications: January-May 2022
- Texas Education Agency Coronavirus Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Coronavirus
- Texas School Safety Center Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Education: Coronavirus
- Waco-McLennan County COVID-19 Statistics