West ISD COVID-19 Return to Learn Plan
All West ISD Health Alert information, news, and reminders relating to COVID-19 and the District's "Return to Learn" Plan are posted on this website. The District will also publish all updates to the West ISD Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
During the West ISD Regular Board Meeting on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, and the Special Called Meeting on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, the West ISD Board of Trustees approved the following "Return to Learn" COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Plan for Prekindergarten through Grade 12 for the start of school on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. The plan was updated again during the Wednesday, September 8, 2021, Regular Board Meeting. This plan is consistent with the following recently released Health Guidance documents:
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-38 from July 29, 2021
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) Commissioner Morath’s Public Health Guidance from August 5, 2021, August 19, 2021, and September 2, 2021
- University Interscholastic League’s (UIL) Risk Mitigation Guidelines from August 9, 2021, and August 25, 2021
West ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
This data table is updated and published to alert all West ISD students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members of the most up-to-date numbers and percentages of active, positive, lab-confirmed COVID-19 student cases on each campus. The color codes coincide with the West ISD COVID-19 Matrix information.
Currently, all campuses are in STAGE 1 - GREEN. The active, student COVID-19 case percentages are all below 2%.
West ISD COVID-19 Notifications: August-December 2021
- Texas Education Agency Coronavirus Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Coronavirus
- Texas School Safety Center Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Education: Coronavirus
- Waco-McLennan County COVID-19 Statistics