West ISD COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Plan
All West ISD Health Alert information, news, and reminders relating to COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Planning are posted on this website. The District will also publish all updates to the West ISD Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- Per GA-38, school systems cannot require students or staff to wear a mask. GA-38 addresses government-mandated face coverings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As provided in this Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Rule, school systems must exclude students from attending school in person who have or are suspected of having COVID-19, and must immediately notify parents if this is determined while on campus. As noted in the rule, exclusion shall continue until the conditions for re-entry are met:
- For children with symptoms, at least 5 days have passed since symptom onset, and fever free, and other symptoms have improved.
- Children who test positive for COVID-19 but do not have any symptoms must stay home until at least 5 days after the day they were tested.
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms or is test-confirmed with COVID-19, until the conditions for re-entry are met.
West ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
This data table is updated and published to alert all West ISD students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members of the most up-to-date numbers and percentages of active, positive, lab-confirmed COVID-19 student cases on each campus. The color codes coincide with the West ISD COVID-19 Matrix information.
West ISD COVID-19 Notifications: August-December 2022
- Texas Education Agency Coronavirus Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Coronavirus
- Texas School Safety Center Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Education: Coronavirus
- Waco-McLennan County COVID-19 Statistics