West ISD 2020-2021 Return to Learn Plan
This new site is a storehouse for all West ISD Health Alert information, news, and reminders relating to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the District's Back-to-School Reopening West ISD Plan. David Truitt, Superintendent, will utilize this site to post all pertinent West ISD-related Coronavirus news and updates. The District will also publish all updates to the West ISD Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
West ISD Coronavirus News and Updates
During a Special Called Board Meeting on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, the West ISD Board of Trustees approved Version #6 of the 2020-2021 Scholastic Calendar with a start date of Tuesday, September 8, 2020. The new calendar is posted at the bottom of this web page.
Also, the District updated the August 2020 "Return to Learn" plan for all Prekindergarten through Grade 12 students. The plan includes an overview of the On-Campus and Remote Instruction and Health plans. A copy of the plan is also located at the bottom of this web page.
Coronavirus Information Links
- Texas Education Agency Coronavirus Guidance and FAQ
- Texas Education Agency Coronavirus Support
- Region 12 Service Center Coronavirus Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Guidance for School Administrators
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Coronavirus
- Texas School Safety Center Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Education: Coronavirus
- Waco-McLennan County COVID-19 Statistics
For questions or additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.