Construction and Renovation Updates
Welcome to the West ISD Construction Website!
We are glad you are interested in learning more about our district construction projects as we “Restore West ISD”!
Due to the April 2013 fertilizer plant explosion, West ISD underwent multiple new construction and facility renovation projects. The community of West even approved a Bond in November 2019 for a new West Elementary School. Over the years, this website has provided information and pictures of all construction projects, construction schedules, contact information, and Board Meeting and community presentations to keep all stakeholders up-to-date on all West ISD construction news.
Recent and Current West ISD Construction/Renovation Projects
- Construction of the New West Middle/High School - Opened August, 2016
- Construction of the New Baseball and Softball Fields at West Middle/High School - Opened April, 2017
- Renovation Work at the 1923 and 1957 Buildings (West ISD Administration Building and Boardroom) - Opened January, 2018
- Renovation of the Support Services Building (Home of Child Nutrition, Facilities, Maintenance, Grounds, and Transportation) - Opened August, 2018
- Renovation Work at the West ISD Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) Building - Opened August, 2018
- Note: Converted to the West ISD Police Department - Opened August, 2021
- Construction of Trojan Field (Field Turf and Track) - Opened August, 2018 (Relocated behind the West Middle and High School campus)
- Construction of the new West Elementary School - Opened August, 2022
Request for Proposal Documents
- West ISD has published the results below of the New Vocational Agricultural Building in the West ISD VOAG Bid Receipt Sheet. The Board of Trustees met on November 8th for their regularly scheduled board meeting where they approved Bounds Commercial Construction to build the New Vocational Agricultural Building. The District would like to thank all who submitted bids for this project.
- West ISD has published the results of the Old West Elementary School Asbestos Abatement Project located at 209 N. Harrison St. in the Old WES Abatement Bid Receipt & Evaluation Ranking document found below. The Board of Trustees met on November 8th for their regularly scheduled board meeting where they approved MIDTEX Abatement as the abatement contractor for the Old WES prior to the demolition of said building. The District would like to thank all who submitted bids for this project.
For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, via e-mail at [email protected] or phone at (254) 981-2000.