West Independent School District Advisory Team (WISDAT)
The West Independent School District Advisory Team (WISDAT) involves the professional staff of the district, parents, and community members in establishing and reviewing the district's and campuses' educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs. The ultimate purpose of all planning and decision making in schools is to attain the state's educational goals of equity and excellence in achievement for all students. This district level committee is responsible for providing assistance to the district superintendent in the development, evaluation, and annual revision of a district improvement plan. The purpose of the District Improvement Plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect.
From BQA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Policies, the WISDAT advises the Board of Trustees in establishing and reviewing:
- All Educational Goals,
- All Instructional Programs,
- The Staff Development Plan,
- The District Improvement Plan,
- The Dropout Prevention Plan,
- The District Technology Plan,
- The District Scholastic Calendar and State Waiver Requests, and
- The Parental Involvement Policy.
2018-2019 WISDAT Members:
- Chair: David Truitt, Superintendent
- Secretary: Sandra Kettler
- Community Representatives: Roy Janek and Stephanie Kucera
- Business Representative: John Kocian
- Parents: Jeni Janek and Sheree Corn
- West Elementary School: Yasmine Ranzinger, Kassie Fitzhugh, and Lisa Crowder
- West Middle School: Tanya Snook, Tracey Matus, Candace Eubanks
- West High School: Kim Woodard, Jason Dalrymple, and Jara Exum
- Brookhaven Youth Ranch: Toni Borras and Jacque Souders
- District Level: Alison Janek, Carla Sykora, and Cari Detlefsen
- District Advisory Roles (Non-Voting Members): Michele Scott, Associate Principal, Don Snook, West Middle/High School Principal, Theresa Soukup, Brookhaven Youth Ranch Principal, Amanda Adams, Executive Director for Teaching and Learning, and Charles Mikeska, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations
2018-2019 Meeting Information:
- Thursday, October 18, 2018, at 4:15 PM at the West ISD Administration Building
- Note: Future meeting dates will be set at this meeting.
Remember, all WISDAT meetings are open to the public. For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.