West ISD District Advisory Team (DAT)
The West Independent School District Advisory Team (DAT) involves the professional staff of the district, parents, and community members in establishing and reviewing the district's and campuses' educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs. The ultimate purpose of all planning and decision making in schools is to attain the state's educational goals of equity and excellence in achievement for all students. This district level committee is responsible for providing assistance to the Superintendent in the development, evaluation, and annual revision of a District Improvement Plan (DIP). The purpose of the District Improvement Plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect.
From BQA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Policies, the DAT advises the Board of Trustees in establishing and reviewing:
- All Educational Goals,
- All Instructional Programs,
- The Staff Development Plan,
- The District Improvement Plan,
- The Dropout Prevention Plan,
- The District Technology Plan,
- The District Scholastic Calendar and State Waiver Requests, and
- The Parental Involvement Policy.
2023-2024 DAT Members:
- Chair: David Truitt, Superintendent
- Secretary: Sandra Kettler
- Community Representatives: Stephanie Kucera and Will Pinner
- Business Representative: John Kocian
- Parent Representatives: Keeli McNair, Whitney Smith, and Curtis Gerath
- Board Representative: Justin Mechell
- Campus Administrator Representative: Carrie Kazda, Principal, West Elementary School
- West Elementary School Representatives: Angelica Abrego, Kassie Fitzhugh, Hannah Hart, Alli Ketchum, Michelle Russell, and Kera Zuehlke
- West Middle School Representatives: Laura Howard, Lacey Maertz, Tracy Matus, and Lisa Theriot
- West High School Representatives: Mark Dorsey, Sharon Hlavenka, Donna Sexton, Shea Vanek, and Carol Wilson
- District Level Representatives: Amanda Adams, Jarra Exum, Frances Karels, and Wendy Smith
- District Advisory Roles (Non-Voting Members): Matt Biles, West Middle School Principal, Chuck Klander, West High School Principal, JoAnna Macik, Director of Business and Finance, and Ria Michener, Director of Special Programs
2023-2024 DAT Meeting Information:
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Note: The DAT Subcommittees will meet between this meeting and the April 9 meeting.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
Remember, all DAT meetings are open to the public. For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.