West Independent School District Advisory Team (WISDAT)
The West Independent School District Advisory Team (WISDAT) involves the professional staff of the district, parents, and community members in establishing and reviewing the district's and campuses' educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs. The ultimate purpose of all planning and decision making in schools is to attain the state's educational goals of equity and excellence in achievement for all students. This district level committee is responsible for providing assistance to the district superintendent in the development, evaluation, and annual revision of a district improvement plan. The purpose of the District Improvement Plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect.
From BQA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Policies, the WISDAT advises the Board of Trustees in establishing and reviewing:
- All Educational Goals,
- All Instructional Programs,
- The Staff Development Plan,
- The District Improvement Plan,
- The Dropout Prevention Plan,
- The District Technology Plan,
- The District Scholastic Calendar and State Waiver Requests, and
- The Parental Involvement Policy.
2017-2018 WISDAT Members:
- Chair: David Truitt, Superintendent
- Secretary: Sandra Kettler
- Community Members: Roy Janek and Stephanie Kucera
- Parents: Jeni Janek and Sheree Corn
- West Elementary School: Donna Burrow, Lisa Crowder, and Penny Sue Donley
- West Middle School: Raven Skinner, Carol Wilson, and Julie Caspers
- West High School: Kim Woodard, Jason Dalrymple, and Tanya Snook
- Brookhaven Youth Ranch: Toni Borras, Jacque Souders, and Debbie Vrba
- District Level: Alison Janek, Carla Sykora, and Cari Detlefsen
- District Advisory Roles (Non-Voting Members): Michele Scott, West Middle School Principal, Don Snook, West High School Principal, Theresa Soukup, Brookhaven Youth Ranch Principal, Amanda Adams, Executive Director for Teaching and Learning, and Charles Mikeska, Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Operations
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at 6:30 PM at West Middle/High School, Room 321
Remember, all WISDAT meetings are open to the public. For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.