West ISD District Advisory Team (DAT)
The West Independent School District Advisory Team (DAT) involves the professional staff of the district, parents, and community members in establishing and reviewing the district's and campuses' educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs. The ultimate purpose of all planning and decision making in schools is to attain the state's educational goals of equity and excellence in achievement for all students. This district level committee is responsible for providing assistance to the Superintendent in the development, evaluation, and annual revision of a District Improvement Plan (DIP). The purpose of the District Improvement Plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect.
From BQA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Policies, the DAT advises the Board of Trustees in establishing and reviewing:
- All Educational Goals,
- All Instructional Programs,
- The Staff Development Plan,
- The District Improvement Plan,
- The Dropout Prevention Plan,
- The District Technology Plan,
- The District Scholastic Calendar and State Waiver Requests, and
- The Parental Involvement Policy.
2022-2023 DAT Members:
- Chair: David Truitt, Superintendent
- Secretary: Sandra Kettler
- Community Representatives: TBD
- Business Representative: John Kocian
- Parent Representatives: TBD
- Board Representative: Justin Mechell
- Campus Administrator Representative: Matthew Biles, Principal, West Middle School
- West Elementary School Representatives: Angelica Abrego, Kassie Fitzhugh, Hannah Hart, Alli Ketchum, Michelle Russell, and Kera Zuehlke
- West Middle School Representatives: Lacey Maertz, Tracy Matus, and Lisa Theriot
- West High School Representatives: Mark Dorsey, Sharon Hlavenka, Donna Sexton, and Carol Wilson
- Brookhaven Youth Ranch Representatives: Travis Bates, Samantha Ybarra, and Bill Shaw
- District Level Representatives: Amanda Adams, Jarra Exum, and Frances Karels
- District Advisory Roles (Non-Voting Members): Carrie Kazda, West Elementary School Principal, Chuck Klander, West High School Principal, JoAnna Macik, Director of Business and Finance, and Carla Sykora, Director of Special Programs
2022-2023 DAT Meeting Information:
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Monday, November 8, 2022, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
- Note: The DAT Subcommittees will meet between this meeting and the April 11 meeting.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 6:30 PM via Zoom Online Meeting
Remember, all DAT meetings are open to the public. For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.