West ISD Federal and State Accountability Reports
- Student Achievement measures what students know and can do by the end of the year. It includes results from state assessments across all subjects for all students, on both general and alternate assessments, College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators, like AP and ACT results, and graduation rates.
- School Progress measures how much better students are doing on the STAAR test this year versus last year, and how much better students are doing academically relative to schools with similar percentages of economically disadvantaged students.
- Closing the Gaps looks at performance among student groups, including various racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds and other factors.
Seventy percent of the accountability rating is based on the better of Student Achievement or Student Progress (whichever is better is the only performance measure counted in the calculations). The remaining 30 percent is based on performance in the Closing the Gaps area. Here is the link to the state's A-F Letter Grade Accountability website: A-F Resources.
- West ISD District Report - Search by District Name
- West ISD Campus Reports - Search by Campus Name
- Note: To view the reports, you have to type "West EL", "West Middle", or "West HS"
- Here is a link to more detailed District and Campus Accountability Reports: 2018 Accountability Reports. Again, you will need to search by District and Campus Name. There are at least a dozen reports you can choose from to review.
- West ISD - Met Standard and a Letter Grade of "B"
- West High School - Met Standard; Note: West High School received four Distinction Designations: Academic Achievement in Social Studies, Academic Achievement in Mathematics, Academic Achievement in English Language Arts, and Post-Secondary Readiness
- West Middle School - Met Standard
- West Elementary School - Improvement Required in School Progress and Closing the Gaps
- Brookhaven Youth Ranch - Not Rated
- West ISD TAPR Report - Search by District Name
- West ISD Campus TAPR Reports - Search by Campus Name
- TAPR Glossary
Texas School Report Card (SRC)
Campus and District Improvement Plans
Campus Improvement Plans (CIP) and District Improvement Plans (DIP) are comprehensive plans that include all of the activities of an LEA/campus. The improvement plan guidance in this document is designed to help develop a targeted plan to address areas of low performance as stated in TEC §39.106 (d) and 19 TAC §97.1071.
- 2017-2018 West ISD District Improvement Plan (DIP) Executive Report
- 2017-2018 West Elementary School Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) Executive Report
- 2017-2018 West Middle School Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) Executive Report
- 2017-2018 West High School Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) Executive Report
- 2017-2018 Brookhaven Youth Ranch Campus Improvement Plan (CIP) Executive Report
- Note: The complete plans are located on the district's Plan4Learning sites.