Salary Schedule and District Incentives
The West ISD Human Resources (HR) Department is always available to answer questions for any prospective new West ISD team member. The Human Resources Department is located at 401 W. Shook Street, West, Texas, 76691. Amanda Adams, Assistant Superintendent, leads the team, and Cari Detlefsen, Human Resources Coordinator (including Payroll and Benefits), is always available to answer questions and share information. To reach the West ISD Human Resources Department, please call (254) 981-2000.
Below, you will find the following HR documents:
- "Why Work in West ISD?" - This document provides an overview of three areas that help make West ISD GREAT. The three areas are our...
- Location (Proximity to Waco, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth)
- Students (BEST in Texas), and
- High Achievement (You name it... our students excel at/in it)
- Salary Schedule - This document provides the most current certified salary schedule for a classroom teacher with a bachelor's degree. There is also a section that highlights the following incentives for working on the West ISD team:
- Five State Leave Days and Five Paid Local Leave Days (Total: 10) for all Staff Members
- Tuition-Free Prekindergarten for the Eligible Children of all Staff Members
- $3,000 Stipend for Composite Science and Mathematics Certifications
- $1,000 Stipend for Advanced Degrees
- Stipend for the Sponsorship of most Extracurricular Clubs and Activities
- Mentoring Program for all New-to-West-ISD Staff Members; New Staff Members for Years 1 and 2
- District-Issued Dell Touchscreen Chromebook 2-in-1 to all Instructional Staff Members
- Staff Wellness Program; including 24/7 Employee Assistance Counseling Program
- $20,000 Life Insurance Payment for all Staff Members
- $300 Monthly District Contribution for Health Insurance
- $1,000 ESSER District Retention Stipend for all Staff Members (through the 2023-2024 school year)
House Bill 3 (HB 3), passed by the 86th Texas Legislature in June of 2019, established an optional Teacher Incentive Allotment with a stated goal of a six-figure salary for teachers who prioritize teaching in high needs areas and rural district campuses. West ISD applied and was approved for the Teacher Incentive Allotment. The first data submission will take place in the fall of 2021. West ISD truly believes in recognizing teacher excellence. For additional information about this teacher incentive plan, please review the following Texas Education Agency link: Teacher Incentive Allotment Program.
For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.