Salary Schedule and District Incentives
The West ISD Human Resources (HR) Office is always available to answer questions for any prospective new team member. The Human Resources Department is located at 401 W. Shook Street, West, Texas, 76691. Mr. Charles Mikeska, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations, leads the team, and Mrs. Kayla Hinojosa, Payroll and Benefits, is also available to answer questions. To reach the West ISD HR Office, please call (254) 981-2000.
Below, you will find the following HR documents:
- "Why Work in West ISD?" - This document provides an overview of three areas that help make West ISD great. Our... (1). Location, (2). Students, and (3). High Achievement.
- Salary Schedule - This document provides the most current certified salary schedule for a classroom teacher with a bachelor's degree. There is also a section that highlights the following incentives for working on the West ISD team:
- Five State Leave Days and five Paid Local Leave Days (Total: 10) for all Staff Members
- Tuition-Free Prekindergarten for the Eligible Children of all Staff Members
- Stipend for Composite Science and Mathematics Certifications
- Stipend for Advanced Degrees
- Stipend for the Sponsorship of most Extracurricular Clubs and Activities
- Mentoring Program for all New-to-West-ISD Staff Members; New Staff Members for Years 1 and 2
- District-Issued iPad to all Certified Teachers
- Staff Wellness Program
- $10,000 Life Insurance Payment for all Staff Members
- $235 Towards Monthly Health Insurance Costs
House Bill 3 (HB 3), passed by the 86th Texas Legislature in June of 2019, established an optional Teacher Incentive Allotment with a stated goal of a six-figure salary for teachers who prioritize teaching in high needs areas and rural district campuses. West ISD did apply for the Teacher Incentive Allotment and has been approved to be a part of the next cohort. West ISD truly believes in recognizing teacher excellence. For additional information about this teacher incentive plan, please review the following Texas Education Agency link: Teacher Incentive Allotment Program.
For additional information, please contact David Truitt, Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.