TxSSC Safety & Security Committee
The West ISD School Safety and Security Committee is a working group of diverse individuals that serves all West ISD schools and stakeholders by helping create and maintain a safe and secure school climate and culture for all staff and students.
The West ISD Safety & Security Committee will periodically provide recommendations to the District's Board of Trustees and administrators regarding updating multi-hazard emergency operations plans, safety audit findings, and methods to increase law enforcement presence on all campuses. This committee is required to meet a minimum of three times each school year: fall semester, spring semester, and summer.
- One or more representatives of an office of emergency management of a county or city in which the district is located;
- One or more representatives of the local police department or sheriff's office;
- One or more representatives of the district's police department, if applicable;
- The president of the district's board of trustees;
- A member of the district's board of trustees other than the president;
- The district's superintendent;
- One or more designee, two parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district, of the district's superintendent, one of whom must be a classroom teacher in the district;
- If the district partners with an open-enrollment charter school to provide instruction to students, a member of the open-enrollment charter school's governing body or a designee of the governing body; and
- Two parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district.
Below, you will find the "TxSSC School Safety and Committee Guidelines and FAQ" and other important information. The West ISD Committee Meeting Agendas, Sign-in Sheets, and Minutes are located on the website listed on the toolbar on the right-side of this web page. The meetings are open to the public.
For questions or additional information, please contact Jana Pratka, EOP Coordinator, at (254) 981-2120.