West is... BEST! Online registration for new and returning students opens on Tuesday, July 26, 2022. Below, you will find registration and enrollment information for new and returning students, school supply information, immunization information, and important back-to-school dates and activities. Go Trojans and Lady Trojans!
New Student, Staff, and Visitor Safety Guidelines across West ISD
- The first day of school is set for Wednesday, August 17, 2022.
- The West Elementary School start time is 7:45 AM, and West Middle/High School begins at 8:00 AM.
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Camp lasts through Friday, July 22, 2022. For more information, "click" on this link: West ISD Summer Strength and Conditioning Information.
Out-of-District Transfer Requests:
For information on the Out-of-District Student Transfer Request application process for Kindergarten through Grade 12, please contact the individual campus front office or the West ISD Administration Building. The phone numbers are listed below. For the 2022-2023 West ISD will not be approving new Out-of-District Student Transfer Requests at the Prekindergarten level. Also, transfers are contingent on available space and instructional staff at each grade level and FDA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Board Policy guidelines.
Note: At this time, West Elementary School is not accepting Out-of-District Student Transfer Requests at Grades 1-5.
Prekindergarten Program Enrollment News:
For the 2022-2023 school year, the West ISD Prekindergarten program is tuition-free for all students who live within the West ISD attendance zone.
School Supply Lists:
Note: The West High School and Dual Credit teachers will send out their school supply lists via Schoology, during the "Schedule Pick-Up Night," or on the first day of school.
After School Care Program Information:
All-Stars After School Program
Note: The dates on the Immunization Requirements document are correct. The requirements have not changed since 2018-2019.
Returning to West ISD Student Online Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian will log in to Skyward Family Access to register their student(s). The parent/guardian must fill out all forms online this year. If a parent/guardian cannot remember their Family Access username/password, they can click the forgot password link to reset their password.
Step Two: The parent/guardian must provide a hard copy of the following to the campus:
- Child’s Immunization Record (if any updates from prior school year)
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY)
New to West ISD Student Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian must bring the following to the campus front office when they wish to enroll their student(s):
- Child’s Birth Certificate;
- Child’s Social Security Card;
- Child’s Immunization Record;
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY); and
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License to the campus which their child/children will attend school.
Step Two: After the parent/guardian provides the above documentation, he/she will be provided a username and password to complete his/her child/children’s registration online in Skyward. Please contact the campus front office for your new student for further information. Students will not be enrolled in classes until all documentation is provided and online registration is completed.
Campuses will be open to accept documents during the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, July 26, and Thursday, July 28, 2022: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Thursday, August 1-4, 2022: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Friday, August 8-12, 2022: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Monday, August 15, and Tuesday, August 16, 2022: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Please note the West ISD Inservice Schedule begins the week of Monday, August 8, 2022, and the Registrar will have required trainings to attend over these seven days. Please consider calling the Campus Front Office ahead of time to ensure the Registrar is available.
Meet the Trojans and Lady Trojans
- Sunday, July 24, 2022: Trojan and Lady Trojans Athletics Parent Meeting, 6:00 PM in the West Middle/High School Arena. Breakout meetings for volleyball and football will follow.
- Saturday, August 6, 2022: “Meet the Trojans and Lady Trojans" Community Pep Rally and Scrimmages, 9:00 AM at West Middle/High School's Trojan Field. This event is the annual introduction of the members of the fall sports teams, cheerleaders, Dazzlers, Tank the Trojan, and the Pride of West Marching Band. After the Pep Rally, both the West High School Lady Trojan volleyball team and Trojan football team will hold controlled scrimmages.
With the opening of the new campus, West Elementary School is trying a new “ Parent Orientation and Meet the Teacher” plan. The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, August 12, 2022: Grades 2-5 Parent Orientation and Meet the Teacher Night, 6:00-7:00 PM
- Monday, August 15, 2022: Prekindergarten, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 Parent Orientation and Meet the Teacher Night, 6:00-7:00 PM
This time will be used for each family to tour the new campus, see the classrooms, meet the teacher(s), discuss the first day of school plans, and drop-off school supplies.
West Middle School
West Middle School has two events planned for Thursday, August 11, 2022. The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, August 11, 2022: Grade 6 Orientation, 12:00-2:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. This time will be used to introduce the Grade 6 Team, serve lunch, tour the campus, discuss the first day of school plan, pass out schedules, and check out Chromebooks.
- Thursday, August 11, 2022: Grades 7 and 8 Schedule and Chromebook Pick-Up, 6:00-7:30 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. All Grades 7 and 8 students will also have the opportunity to tour the campus, pick-up schedules, and check out Chromebooks.
West High School
West High School has two events planned for Wednesday, August 10, 2022, and Thursday, August 11, 2022. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022: Fish Camp for all Grade 9 Students and New Students, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. This time will be used to introduce the West High School staff, serve lunch, tour the campus, discuss the first day of school plan, pass out schedules, and check out Chromebooks.
- Thursday, August 11, 2022: Grades 10-12 Schedule and Chromebook Pick-Up, 6:30-8:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. All Grades 10-12 students will also have the opportunity to tour the campus, pick-up schedules, and check out Chromebooks.
- West Elementary School - Phone: (254) 981-2200; Fax: (254) 826-7542
- West Middle School - Phone: (254) 981-2120; Fax: (254) 826-7524
- West High School - Phone: (254) 981-2050; Fax: (254) 826-7514
- West ISD Administration Building - Phone: (254) 981-2000; Fax: (254) 826-3342
For more information, please contact Amanda Adams, Assistant Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.