West is... BEST! Online registration for new and returning students opens on Wednesday, July 21, 2021. Below, you will find registration and enrollment information for new and returning students, school supply information, immunization information, and important back-to-school dates and activities. Go Trojans and Lady Trojans!
For all back-to-school district updates, please read the July Edition of the Trojan Tidbits!
Note: The first day of school is set for Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Plan:
Out-of-District Transfer Requests:
For information on the Out-of-District Student Transfer Request application process for Kindergarten through Grade 12, please contact the individual campus front office or the West ISD Administration Building. The phone numbers are listed below.
School Supply Lists:
Note: The West High School and Dual Credit teachers will send out their school supply lists via Schoology, during the "Schedule Pick-Up Night," or on the first day of school.
After School Care Program Information:
Returning to West ISD Student Online Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian will log in to Skyward Family Access to register their student(s). The parent/guardian must fill out all forms online this year. If a parent/guardian cannot remember their Family Access username/password, they can click the forgot password link to reset their password.
Step Two: The parent/guardian must provide a hard copy of the following to the campus:
- Child’s Immunization Record (if any updates from prior school year)
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY)
New to West ISD Student Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian must bring the following to the campus front office when they wish to enroll their student(s):
- Child’s Birth Certificate;
- Child’s Social Security Card;
- Child’s Immunization Record;
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY); and
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License to the campus which their child/children will attend school.
Step Two: After the parent/guardian provides the above documentation, he/she will be provided a username and password to complete his/her child/children’s registration online in Skyward. Please contact the campus front office for your new student for further information. Students will not be enrolled in classes until all documentation is provided and online registration is completed.
Campuses will be open to accept documents during the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, July 21, and Thursday, July 22, 2021: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Thursday, July 26-29, 2021: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Friday, August 2-6, 2021: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Monday-Friday, August 9-24, 2021: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM; Please note the West ISD Inservice Schedule begins the week of Monday, August 9, 2021, and the Registrar will have required trainings to attend over these 12 days. Please consider calling the Campus Front Office ahead of time to ensure the Registrar is available.
West Elementary School is trying a new “Meet the Teacher” plan. On Monday, August 16, 2021, all Prekindergarten through Grade 5 teachers will call each family to announce the official class lists and schedule a time for the family to come by and see the classroom, meet the new teacher, discuss first day of school plans, and drop-off school supplies. These special “Meet the Teacher” appointments will be scheduled for Friday, August 20, 2021, from 12:00-4:00 PM and Monday, August 23, 2021, from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM.
West Middle School has two events planned. The first event is for all 6th Grade students and set for Wednesday, August 18, 2021, from 12:00-2:00 PM. This event is a time for the students to meet the staff, tour the campus, and hear an overview of the school year. This event will begin in the West Middle/High School auditorium. The West Middle School Grades 6-8 “Schedule Pick-up” time is later that night from 6:30-8:00 PM in the cafeteria.
West High School has set Tuesday, August 17, 2021, for the Grade 9 Fish Camp from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria and auditorium. Later that night at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria is the window from 6:30-8:00 PM for Grades 9-12 "Schedule Pick-up".
“Meet the Trojans and Lady Trojans Night” is set for Saturday, August 7, 2021, at 6:30 PM at Trojan Field. This event is the annual introduction of the members of the fall sport teams, cheerleaders, Dazzlers, and marching band. Also, the West High School Trojan football team will hold a controlled scrimmage.
- West Elementary School - Phone: (254) 981-2200; Fax: (254) 826-7542
- West Middle School - Phone: (254) 981-2120; Fax: (254) 826-7524
- West High School - Phone: (254) 981-2050; Fax: (254) 826-7514
- West ISD Administration Building - Phone: (254) 981-2000; Fax: (254) 826-7503
For more information, please contact Amanda Adams, Assistant Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.