West is... BEST! Online registration for new and returning students opens on Wednesday, July 26, 2023. Below, you will find registration and enrollment information for new and returning students, school supply information, immunization information, and important back-to-school dates and activities. Go Trojans and Lady Trojans!
- The first day of school is set for Thursday, August 17, 2023.
- The West Elementary School start time is 7:45 AM, and West Middle/High School begins at 8:00 AM.
2023-2024 West ISD Athletic Team and Practice Schedules:
- West High School Football Practice Schedules
- West High School Volleyball Practice Schedules
- West Middle/High School Cross Country Practice Schedules
- West High School Pride of West Marching Band Schedule
- West High School Football, Volleyball, and Cross Country Schedules
Out-of-District Transfer Requests:
For information on the Out-of-District Student Transfer Request application process for Kindergarten through Grade 12, please contact the individual campus front office or the West ISD Administration Building. The phone numbers are listed below. All transfer requests are contingent on available classroom space and instructional staff at each grade level and FDA (LOCAL) and (LEGAL) Board Policy guidelines and District goals.
For the 2023-2024 school year, West ISD will not be approving new Out-of-District Student Transfer Requests at West Elementary School unless the transfer request is for a West ISD staff member or a sibling of an existing, approved transfer.
Prekindergarten Program Enrollment News:
For the 2023-2024 school year, the West ISD Prekindergarten program is tuition-free for all students who live within the West ISD attendance zone.
School Supply Lists:
Note: The West High School and Dual Credit teachers will send out their school supply lists via Schoology, during the "Schedule Pick-Up Night," or on the first day of school.
After School Care Program Information:
Note: The dates on the Immunization Requirements document are correct. The requirements have not changed since 2018-2019.
Returning to West ISD Student Online Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian will log in to Skyward Family Access to register their student(s). The parent/guardian must fill out all forms online this year. If a parent/guardian cannot remember their Family Access username/password, they can click the forgot password link to reset their password.
Step Two: The parent/guardian must provide a hard copy of the following to the campus:
- Child’s Immunization Record (if any updates from prior school year)
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY)
New to West ISD Student Registration:
Step One: The parent/guardian must bring the following to the campus front office when they wish to enroll their student(s):
- Child’s Birth Certificate;
- Child’s Social Security Card;
- Child’s Immunization Record;
- Proof of Residence (current gas, water or electric bill ONLY); and
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License to the campus which their child/children will attend school.
Step Two: After the parent/guardian provides the above documentation, he/she will be provided a username and password to complete his/her child/children’s registration online in Skyward. Please contact the campus front office for your new student for further information. Students will not be enrolled in classes until all documentation is provided and online registration is completed.
Campuses will be open to accept documents during the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, July 26, and Thursday, July 27, 2023: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Thursday, July 31 through August 3, 2023: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Monday-Friday, August 7-11, 2023: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16, 2023: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Please note the West ISD Inservice Schedule begins the week of Monday, August 7, 2023, and the Registrar will have required trainings to attend over these eight days. Please consider calling the Campus Front Office ahead of time to ensure the Registrar is available.
Meet the Trojans and Lady Trojans Community Pep Rally
- Saturday, August 5, 2023: 9:00 AM at West Middle/High School's Trojan Field
- All Cross Country Teams, Volleyball Teams, Football Teams, Cheerleaders, Tank the Trojan, Band Members, and Dazzlers will be introduced at 9:00 AM at Trojan Field
- West High School Lady Trojan Volleyball Scrimmage, 9:30 AM in West Middle/High School's Arena
- West High School Trojan Football Scrimmage, 9:45 AM at West Middle/High School's Trojan Field
West Elementary School Meet the Teacher Night
- Monday, August 14, 2023: Grades 2-5 Meet the Teacher Night, 6:00-7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023: Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 Meet the Teacher Night, 6:00-7:00 PM
- This time will be used for each family to see the classrooms, meet the teacher(s), discuss the first day of school plans, and drop-off school supplies.
West Middle School Schedule Pick-Up and Tours
- Thursday, August 10, 2023: Grade 6 Camp, 12:00-2:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. This time will be used to introduce the Grade 6 Team, serve lunch, tour the campus, discuss the first day of school plan, and pass out schedules.
- Thursday, August 10, 2023: Grades 7 and 8 Schedule Pick-Up, 6:00-7:30 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. All Grades 7 and 8 students will also have the opportunity to tour the campus and pick-up schedules
West High School Schedule Pick-Up and Tours (Fish Camp too)
- Wednesday, August 9, 2023: Fish Camp for all Grade 9 Students (New Students too), 11:00 AM-1:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. This time will be used to introduce the Grade 9 Team, serve lunch, tour the campus, discuss the first day of school plan, and pass out schedules.
- Thursday, August 10, 2023: Grades 10-12 Schedule Pick-Up, 6:30-8:00 PM in the West Middle/High School cafeteria. All Grades 10-12 students will also have the opportunity to tour the campus and pick-up schedules.
First Day of School with Students
- Thursday, August 17, 2023 (Yahoo!); Start Times: West Elementary School 7:45 AM and West Middle/High School and Brookhaven: 8:00 AM
- West Elementary School - Phone: (254) 981-2200; Fax: (254) 826-7542
- West Middle School - Phone: (254) 981-2120; Fax: (254) 826-7524
- West High School - Phone: (254) 981-2050; Fax: (254) 826-7514
- West ISD Administration Building - Phone: (254) 981-2000; Fax: (254) 826-3342
For more information, please contact Amanda Adams, Assistant Superintendent, at (254) 981-2000.